Basketball Betting Online
No doubt, basketball is one of the most popular sports across the globe, and millions of fans from different parts of the world enjoy watching it. Likewise, basketball is also one of the most popular betting choices for sports bettors, particularly because of the simplicity of its betting systems.
You’ll find loads of bookmakers having a wide array of online betting basketball types and markets where you can get countless chances of value. The NBA, in the US, is the most famous basketball league worldwide. With up to 30 teams across North America, the NBA has attracted the best talent not only from America but also Asia, Africa, South America and Europe. All the teams in the NBA play 41 home games and 41 away games in a regular season, making it a total of 82 games.
Aside from the NBA, there are many other competitive basketball leagues from different parts of the world. This, therefore, means that if you are a fan of the sport, you have abundant chances to build bets and earn lucrative returns. If you’d like to learn how to bet on basketball like a pro, then spare the next few minutes to learn the ins and outs of basketball sports betting in our exclusive breakdown.
Basketball Betting- Different Types of Basketball Bets
Typically, betting on basketball involves a lot more than merely predicting the winner of the match. So, as a punter, you must acquaint yourself with the various kinds of basketball online betting options. Knowing your options ensures that you’re placing the appropriate wagers and not just parting with your money cluelessly. In this section, we’ll talk about the most popular basketball bet types that you’ll find in most sportsbooks. Majority of these bets will be on offer irrespective of the league you bet on:
- Moneyline Bets is the most popular bet option you'll find out there. In moneyline bets, all you're required to do is picking a winner. Two teams are going to play, and you choose the one you feel will win, then make a Moneyline bet on that particular team.
- Point Spreads - In point spread bets, both sides can be wagered at -110 (you stake $110 to win $100). On the other hand, a points handicap is the difference between the two teams. For instance, here’s what a standard point spread would look like: ;Team A: -10 (-110) and Team B: +10 (-110). So, if you go for Team A at -10, they must win by no less than 11 points, for the bet to be a win. If you go for Team B, the bet becomes a win if Team B wins or loses by 9 or fewer points. Generally, that’s how basketball spread bets work. These kinds of bets are great since they provide you with the chance to wager on plenty of games and even wager on teams that you think are going to lose.
- Totals (Overs/ Unders) - A total bet is one made on the joint score of every team. The sportsbook decides this number, and you bet on the over or under. Here’s an example to help make things clear:
Let’s say the final total point of this match was 179 points, just 3 points less than the bookie's foreseen total, then owing to the boosted juice, placing a bet of $120 on the under would earn you $100.
- Parlay/Teaser means you can combine two or more bets to boost your overall payout. And, of course, for your parlay or teaser to win, all the teams you chose must win.
- Proposition Bets comprise several bets on a given team as well as player statistics and in-game events. Thus, you can place bets on various things, including which player will score first, will there be more than five dunks, how many fouls will be during the first quarter, and so on.
Top Leagues for Betting on Basketball Games Online
The US is the epicenter of basketball, with the NBA taking over the global audience for the breathtaking play that has inspired numerous other leagues to pop up. Below, we look at some of the most popular leagues that offer betting games for basketball:
National Basketball Association (NBA)
Established in 1946, the NBA is the unquestionably best basketball league worldwide. It consists of 30 teams in total, 29 in the United States, one in Canada.
Founded in 1958, EuroLeague is essentially the Champions League version for basketball in Europe. The 18 teams that participate in the competition change as they are picked from the top teams from various leagues around Europe.
Spain Liga ACB
Established in 1957, Spain’s Liga ACB is made up of 18 teams and for many years has been dominated by Real Madrid and Barcelona. The regular Liga ACB season starts in October and ends in May.
Turkish Basketball Super League (BSL)
Although founded in 1966, basketball was first played in Turkey in 1904. The league is made up of 16 teams, and its regular-season schedule takes place from October to April.
Germany Basketball Bundesliga (BBL)
The German BBL might become the best league in Europe soon. The normal season schedule takes place from September to May, and it constitutes a total of 18 teams.
These are just some of the many popular basketball leagues. Others include Italy’s Lega Basket Serie A (LBA), Russia’s VTB United League, Liga Nacional De Basquet (Argentina), France’s LNB Pro A and Israeli Supper League.
Basketball Games Betting Odds Formats Available at GGBet
The three significant varieties of basketball betting odds are fractional odds, decimal odds and American odds. If you want to win money, you’ve got to be comfortable swopping between them.
Fractional odds come in the form of fractions. This could be 4/1, 8/2, 3/5 and so on. So, if say you back a winner at 7/2 odds, to calculate your winnings, all you have to do is multiply your stake by 7, then divide it by 2, then add your initial stake. For example, if you backed a team at €10 and it wins, you’ll get back (10 x 7 = 70 ÷ 2 = 35 + 10) = €45
As you would expect, these odds are expressed in decimal figures, and calculating your possible winnings with decimal odds is very easy. Just take your stake amount and multiply it by the odds.
You’ll find two types of moneyline odds while betting on basketball online. We have the underdogs and the favorites. A positive (+) sign is usually allocated to the underdogs. So, the bigger the number, the higher the underdog. This implies that an underdog of +100 has a greater likelihood of winning than a +300 underdog.
Conversely, the favorites are allocated a negative (-) sign. The higher the number, the higher the winning chances. This implies that a -300 favorite has a higher chance of winning than a -200 favorite.
Normally, a $100 value is used for the American style odds. The prematch odds indicate how much you'll win if you made a $100 bet (positive) or the amount of money you must wager to win $100 (negative). For instance, a -250 favorite implies that you'll have to place a $250 bet for you to win $100, hence it’s either you win $100, lose $250, or push. Conversely, a +400 underdog implies that you place a $100 bet hoping to win $400.
To calculate your outcome, for favorites, multiply your wager by 100, then divide up by the price and add your wager. So, if you made a $20 wager at -200, it will be: -200 = (20 x 100 = 2000 ÷ 200 = 10 + 20 = $30). For underdogs, multiply your stake by the odds given, then divide it up by 100 and add your stake. Thus, if you made a $20 bet at +350, it will be: (20 x 350 = 7000 ÷ 100 =70 + 20 = $90)
How to Bet on Basketball at GGBet
When it comes to sports gambling on basketball, GGBet casino online is the best basketball betting site. The platform offers some of the most rewarding basketball betting options ranging from prematch markets to live odds. As long as your picks are well researched, it won’t be too difficult for you to make some good money out of your wagers.
Basketball Betting Strategies
In case you don’t know where to start, here is a strategy guide that will help you make better decisions in your online basketball betting escapades:
- Study the current trends and statistics for both teams and players and ensure you’re up to date with information such as injuries, new player acquisitions and weather which might affect the outcome of the game.
- Take into account the home/away performances of various teams. While specific teams will perform better on home soil, others will play very well while away from home.
- Be on the lookout for overvalued and undervalued teams as they are certainly the ones that will earn you money.
- Avoid placing bets on every single game. Make sure you’re very selective so that you only place wagers when it counts.
As you can see, like any other betting games, basketball also comes with a lot of interesting and profitable options as long as you understand your way around the game and the types of bets. Become a member of GGBet today and enjoy the perks of placing wagers in the most reliable betting site for basketball where you can back your favorite teams and players and make money as you have fun. Happy betting!