Dota 2 Betting: The Ultimate Guide for Beginners
Dota 2 is one of the most popular eSports games worldwide and plays host to some of the greatest tournaments in the world of online gaming. The game is a free-to-play MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) and is played by millions of fans every year. Moreover, Dota 2 has one of the largest player-bases of any computer game and backs a flourishing eSports gambling business.
Betting on this eSports game is becoming increasingly popular, but since betting on video gaming is still new for many, a lot of interested punters usually have a lot of questions about the practice. If you’re one of them, then go through our exclusive Dota 2 guide, and you’ll know all about the game and how to place a Dota 2 bet at GGBet, the best Dota 2 betting site.;
So, What Exactly Is Dota 2?
Dota 2 is a strategy online video game developed by Valve Corporation back in 2013 and is played between 2 teams, each comprising five players who battle on a created scenery, known as a Map.
The key objective of a Dota 2 match is destroying the Ancient of the foe team. The Ancient is a massive object marking the base of your opponent and is heavily protected. And before you get to the Ancient, you'll find several team-oriented defenses, but there are also neutral dangers all over the map that can affect either of the two competing teams.
Every gamer gets to pick a character known as a hero. The heroes possess exceptional capabilities, playstyles, roles and even weaknesses. All players in a match are allowed to control their heroes.
So, to destroy the Ancient, players will have to use their hero to acquire gold by murdering other gamers, minions and enemy buildings, to build items with which they'll boost their vigor to overpower the opponent base.
Link Up with Millions of Gamers in Dota 2 Betting
Being a competitive video game, Dota 2 has gained massive popularity partly because it’s simple to learn, though hard to master. Then again, it rewards generously for proficient play, with the developer providing gamers with several opportunities to play for real money prizes in regional and global tournaments.
Valve Corporation heavily supports the game, and it’s no wonder why the Dota 2 betting scene is one of the most sophisticated in the eSports betting world. Thanks to the massive popularity that this game enjoys, your bets could earn you substantial payouts as long as you play your cards right. As we speak, the largest tournament for Dota 2 betting is The International where 18 teams compete for a staggering £22m prize - a figure that rises every year!
In terms of popularity, Dota 2 is neck and neck with League of Legends, another exceptional eSports game that you can bet on. Based on raw figures, in 2017, Dota acquired 12.6 million active monthly users, produced $37.1 million in prize pool cash and registered 465 million watch hours on Twitch.
Dota 2 Bets at GGBet
Betting on Dota is pretty rewarding, especially if you choose the right platform. You’ll find a lot of profitable betting markets on major and regional events at GGBet casino depending on the ongoing tournaments.
One of the most well-known Dota betting markets is The International which was amongst the first events players could wager on when it was first unveiled in 2011. From that time, various markets have opened up on other Dota 2 match betting tournaments.
At GGBet’s lobby, you can expect to make a bet on Dota Summit, Starladder I-League, ESL One, Dota Series, DreamLeague, Galaxy Battles, Prodota Cup, PGL Open, The Dota H Cup and several other contests all-year-round.
Understanding Dota 2 Betting Odds Formats
Generally, Dota 2 odds are listed in two formats: decimal or American odds. Although sportsbooks like GGBet utilize decimal odds as a default, you can still pick your preferred format. Here is a look at how the two Dota odds work so that you know what to anticipate when getting into Dota 2 odds betting:
American Odds have a “+” or “-” before them. For instance, a match between Team A and B, with Team A being the favorites, could be listed as Team A (+150), Team B (-200).
Thus, for such a Dota 2 online betting option, you’ll have to stake $200 on Team B to win $100. This payout ratio remains constant no matter the amount of money you wager. This means that if you wager $80, for instance, you’ll receive $40. Conversely, for Team A, the number 150 shows the amount you earn if you wager $100. So, wagering $100 at +150 will earn you $150 if Team A wins the match.
Decimal odds, which are the most straightforward, indicate what your total payout would be if you make the right predictions. Let’s say the odds for Team A winning a match are listed as 1.50. A $100 wager made on them to win would pay back $100 x 1.50. Therefore, you’ll get back your $100 plus an extra $50.
Dota 2 Bet Types: How to Bet on Dota at GGBet
As complicated as a Dota 2 betting game might seem, you shouldn’t worry. Betting on eSports games is practically similar to placing wagers on traditional sporting events. Take a look at some of the most common Dota bet markets below and you’ll notice that they aren’t any different from those that are usually available in sports, like football and basketball:
- Match Winner/Moneyline Bets: The simplest of all is the match-winner bet. You choose the team that you think will win the match.
- Map Winner: Loads of matches usually take a best-of-three format, where a team must win two maps to win the entire game. So, in the map winner market, you get to select a team you feel will win a particular map, but not the entire match.
- Maps Total: In the maps total market rather than wagering on the winner, you wager on the number of maps you feel will be played during the match.
- Correct Score: As the name suggests, the correct score market lets you predict precisely how you feel the match will end.
- Maps Handicap: The maps handicap bet market works by making an advantage on the underdogs or a disadvantage on the favorites.
- Betting on Team to Achieve Something: This lets you choose the team, which will be the first to accomplish something in a given match. This could be the first team to kill Roshan, the one which gets the first kill (First Blood), the first to destroy the first Tower or barracks, or the first to reach 10 kills.
GGBet offers both pre-match betting and live event betting prices so that you can make predictions before the game starts and when the game is going on. For live betting, however, you have to carefully monitor the game or specific players so that you can make predictions that will result in favorable outcomes.
Dota 2 Betting Tips and Strategy
When betting on Dota 2, making smart choices is a vital aspect of boosting your winning chances. With a little research and some luck, of course, you can earn some attractive returns on your wagers. To triumph in Dota 2 match betting, here is a highlight of strategies you can follow:
- Acquaint yourself with the game you’re wagering on prior to making any wagers.
- Keep tabs on players as well as teams and understand how a player performs at different events.
- You don’t have to bet on major events only. You can also go for minor tournaments as they often provide a chance for upsets which implies better payouts for keen punters.
- Specialize where possible: you can go for a given type of bet, region and tournament. That way, it will be easier for you to make the right predictions.
- Pick the right Dota 2 betting site. The most reliable Dota 2 betting sites, such as GGBet, will have lucrative odds and bonuses that will help you earn more.
- Check for different betting markets as they usually offer varying chances of success.
Your Betting Journey Starts Here
Now that you have confirmed that eSports betting is similar to traditional sports gambling, why don’t you give it a try at the GGBet Dota 2 bet website? The gaming site boasts of having a dedicated section of placing wagers on eSports games where you’ll bet on Dota and other eSports competitions as you prefer.
Don’t forget to grab the welcome bonus when creating your account at GGBet so that you can have more betting money. Take advantage of the tips that we’ve discussed here when you start placing wagers on tournaments and you’ll likely earn some returns on the bets you place. Happy betting!