MMA Betting at GGBet: Everything You Need to Know
MMA is short for “mixed martial arts,” and contrary to popular belief, it is one of the oldest sports. The sport of “pankration” in ancient Greece is believed to be the ancestor of modern MMA. The idea of using multiple fighting techniques together has a history of almost two thousand years. Historical records show that similar sports existed in Ancient Egypt, India, and Japan.
However, we can say that MMA in its current meaning first started in France in the middle of the 19th century. A new discipline called “Savate” was quite common in boxing halls of that period and was based on the idea that boxers used different martial arts techniques together. Remember how Robert Downey Jr fought in the Sherlock Holmes movie? This discipline, called “Bartitsu”, was based on the same foundations. However, nobody used the term “MMA” then. This term was first used by Howard Rosenberg in a UFC match in 1993 and was so loved that any discipline in which multiple martial arts techniques were used together became known as MMA.
Today, MMA is one of the most popular types of sports and is particularly popular in the United States. As a matter of fact, most MMA leagues are also in the USA. However, we can easily say that it is a sport that is followed all over the world and has an audience in every country. An MMA athlete fights two matches a year on average. The octagon of UFC matches was inspired by Chuck Norris movies. According to statistics, 50% of MMA fights end in a knockout. The same statistics show that the most preferred technique for knockout is the “rear-naked choke”. If you are wondering why we share this data, the answer is very simple: GGBet gives you the chance to bet on MMA fights with competitive odds, and if you want to be successful in MMA betting, you need to be aware of many things.
What You Need to Know About UFC Betting Online
Before talking about how to bet on UFC fights, let’s take a look at what the UFC is. Because, contrary to popular belief, MMA and UFC are not the same things. To simply explain, MMA is the name of the sport, and UFC is the name of the company that organizes MMA fights.
UFC is short for “Ultimate Fighting Championship” and is currently considered the largest MMA promotional company in the world. Founded in 1993, the UFC has held more than 500 matches to date and is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada. The UFC is also the first organization where the term “MMA” was used, and although there are similar companies in the world, UFC is considered the “king” of this sector. For the same reason, UFC matches are being followed with interest all over the world, and UFC betting online is the most popular type of MMA betting.
Women can also compete in the UFC. In fact, there are lots of famous fighters in it. Conor McGregor is one of the most famous fighters in the men's league. We can say that the most famous fighter in the women's league is Ronda Rousey. (Rousey also stars in various movies.) There is a wide weight scale from 115 pounds to 265 pounds, and the rules created by the UFC are also used by other MMA organizations around the world. An average of 40 UFC main events are held each year, and each event consists of several fights. To date, 527 events have been organized in 28 countries in 161 cities. Main events, which usually start in summer, continue until autumn. However, it is possible to find a UFC match to place a bet on at any time of the year.
How Does Online MMA Betting Work?
If you want to learn to bet on UFC fights online, we must talk about the rules first. UFC fights consist of 5 rounds, each lasting a maximum of 5 minutes. All matches are followed by a three-person referee panel. Referees score according to the fighting techniques used, and each round is scored out of 10. There is also a referee in the ring. Speaking of the ring, matches must be held in an octagon. Contrary to popular belief, UFC matches are not “without rules”. Knee strikes and hits to the back of the head are not allowed. Hitting the groin is also prohibited. Biting, attacking eyes and using head butts causes a disqualification. However, we can say that these are the only rules: MMA matches are much more violent than boxing.
There are three ways to win: submission, knockout and scorecard. Submission occurs when one of the fighters tap out verbally or physically. There is no need to describe the knockout: if one of the fighters cannot get off the ground, the match is considered to end like this, and 50% of the MMA matches end with a knockout. (Note that even if the fighter can get off the ground, the referee can make a knockout decision at his own discretion.) Finally, if the submission or knockout does not occur, the result is determined by the referees' points. In this case, a draw decision is theoretically possible, but this is a rare situation.
These are the basic MMA rules, and when you take a look at them, you also get an idea about betting on MMA fights. Just like any other sport, you can bet on the outcome of the match, the point standings, or a particular outcome that will occur in a particular round. It is possible to bet on any outcome that can happen in an MMA match. Below, you can see some of the types of online MMA betting.
- Single Bet: This means betting on a single match. Basically, you are trying to guess who is going to win the match. It is the simplest form of MMA betting.
- Combo Bet: This is short for “combination bet”. You can bet on several outcomes at once. For example, you can bet that Fighter A will win the match, and this will happen in round 2.
- Permutation Bet: Placing a bet on multiple matches for several outcomes. For example, you can bet that “the winner of the first match will be Fighter B, and the victory will come in the third round. In the next match, Fighter A will win with a knockout in round 4”.
- Method of Victory: This bet is about how the match will end. As we mentioned above, a match can end in three ways, and you bet on which one will happen.
- Prop Bets: At the end of each UFC event, “Performance of the Night” and “Fight of the Night” awards are given. This bet is on which matches and which fighters these prizes will be awarded.
Over Under: This type of bet is fun and can pay out quite high. To put it simply, you try to predict in which round the match will end. For example, you can bet that the match will end before the second round. It doesn't matter how the match ends or who wins. It can result through knockout, submission, or point. As long as it ends within the specified time frame, you win this bet. An over/under bet looks like this: 1.5 rounds, -200 (under) +275 (over). This means that if the match ends before 1.5 rounds, you have to deposit $200 to win $100. If you think the match will end after 1.5 rounds, you can make $275 by depositing $100.
GGBet Offers the Best Odds for Online Betting MMA
The plethora of options and odds can be confusing if you are just starting out with online betting MMA. Complex interfaces can make MMA betting online even more difficult. Moreover, you will have to constantly search for the best odds for a particular event. GG Bet sportsbook solves all these problems with interface options suitable for both beginners and professionals. We support all global MMA events, including UFC, and offer the best odds on the market for each. Moreover, we combine this with an extremely easy to use interface. Even beginners can easily understand what to do with a single glance.
GGBet uses a three-way interface for easy MMA sports betting.
- On the left, you will see a list of MMA matches you can bet on.
- When you select one, detailed information about that match, betting options and offered prematch odds are displayed in the middle.
- When you click on an option, it will automatically be added to the bet slip in the right corner. You can repeat this process and place multiple bets on one slip. To complete your bet, all you have to do is confirm your slip - now you can start waiting for the outcome of the match.
Thanks to our competitive prematch and live odds, you can be sure that you will reach the highest earning potential in every match.
Tips & Tricks for Betting on MMA
For betting on MMA, you will need to use a strategy first of all. Betting MMA is like gambling, and there is no system that “guarantees” a 100% result. However, there are things you can do to increase your chances of winning. Below, we share some tips to help you get the highest payouts.
- MMA matches are not a team game, and there are only two fighters in the ring. However, behind these fighters is a big team. When reviewing the fighter's performances, don't forget to examine the team members as well. For example, an unexpected coaching change shortly before a big game could affect the outcome of that match. In other words, examine not just the fighters, but also other items that will affect their performance.
- Get an advantage by using GGBet bonuses. Our occasional UFC free bets are the perfect way to start your online UFC gambling career without risk. You can easily create the bankroll you will use for bets by choosing the right bonuses.
- Compare the odds offered for matches. If you are risking your money, you should try to get the highest return rates for your investment. To do this, you must research the best MMA betting odds offered for matches. GG.Bet always offers the most competitive odds for all MMA matches and ensures that you reach your highest earning potential.
- Live MMA bets can increase your win potential more with their dynamic odds. We recommend that you try live betting after you have gained enough experience. They offer a higher payout potential, and you'll get a more exciting experience.
- Do not forget to use statistics. Modern MMA matches started in 1993, and so they all have a digital record. You can easily access detailed statistics about each MMA match ever played. Studying carefully the data will allow you to make more accurate predictions about matches. Research is the most important requirement for any type of bet, and this also applies to MMA betting. Don't bet relying solely on your luck without doing long and detailed research.
Start Your MMA Online Betting Career Now
GGBet website is the best option to start your MMA online betting career. We allow you to bet with the best odds on the largest number of matches, and we offer this through a convenient interface that works seamlessly even on mobile devices. Mixed martial arts betting has never been easier: all you have to do is select the match you want to bet on and mark one of the options offered. Within a few minutes, you can complete the process and start waiting for the result. There is no reason why you cannot win as long as you do your research - we will be delighted to see you among our winning members. Start your MMA betting career right now and win big: Good luck!