Overwatch Betting - The #1 Guide to Overwatch Betting Online
Overwatch, an online multiplayer game developed by Blizzard Entertainment, is currently one of the fastest-growing eSports titles because of a range of interesting reasons. For starters, it brings together the greatest components of the FPS and MOBA genres in an easy to play gaming interface and a fast-paced gaming environment for ultimate immersion.
With the ever-growing eSports community and an evolving design devoted to making an already fantastic title better, Overwatch betting is, without a doubt, the next big thing in the gambling world. If you’ve ever thought about betting on teams in Overwatch, then you should read our take on the game and find out the most reliable betting site that offers attractive bonuses for placing wagers on the eSports competition.
What Is Overwatch?
Overwatch, the fourth innovative video gaming franchise from Blizzard, is a team-based first-person shooter title that incorporates attributes of the largest competitive game genres worldwide. It comes with a high-octane multiplayer battle arena feature that comes with a wide variety of heroes who possess exclusive skills, strengths, and weaknesses.
Participating players in the game control the playable heroes from a first-person perspective to complete different objectives and earn points. Like most FPS shooter games, Overwatch pits two teams against each other (6 on each side), and the team with the best teamwork coordination and player skills usually emerges victorious.
You can take part in the game in a range of exciting modes and on a selection of maps. The most popular playable modes include:
- Assault (seize a control point)
- Escort (escorting a payload)
- Hybrid (a combination of features of Escort and Assault)
- Control (resembles search and destroy where teams are required to hold a point up until completion before heading towards gaining a new point)
The fun modes that don’t make part of the competitive scene are referred to as Arcade games and consist of Deathmatch (free-for-all), Capture the Flag and Elimination, which like the Control mode, resembles “search and destroy” where players have to hold points with one life per round.
A Force to Reckon With in the eSports World
Following Overwatch’s fruitful unveiling in 2016, Blizzard Entertainment declared that they would stick to a professional league structure similar to that of League of Legends, a key player in the MOBA genre.
As a result, Overwatch quickly exploded in popularity just one year after its release, with millions of gamers playing the game every day. Besides, the game managed to win two accolades for ‘best game design’ as well as ‘the game of the year’ at the Game Developer’s Choice Awards (GCDA). This further speaks to how a success the title has been. On top of that, the game boasts more than 400,000 active players weekly and has more than 35 million registered players.
Overwatch League Betting - The Best Overwatch Betting Tournament
The Overwatch League (OWL) is the bread and butter of the Overwatch eSports gambling scene. This top-tier competition features the most skilled players worldwide and is usually one of the most anticipated events in the eSports world. The best eSports betting platforms, such as GGBet, usually offer some exceptionally lucrative Overwatch league betting odds and prices across a range of popular markets for this league. The league has its center of operations based in Los Angeles, where there’s a stadium from which all the games are televised live.
Like other popular eSports organized tournaments, the OWL is a franchised league that features 20 teams that are also directly affiliated with the league itself. Every team is placed in two divisions: the Atlantic Conference and the Pacific Conference. The team names are usually representative of the cities from which they hail, such as Florida Mayhem, Toronto Defiant, Dallas Fuel, Guangzhou Charge, Los Angeles Excelsior, Vancouver Titans, New York Excelsior, among others.
The champs of the two divisions, along with four runner-up teams that garner the highest points in the season, take part in playoffs where they compete for millions. The teams are made up of anything from 6 to 12 players, and in each season, they'll play against each other at least four times on four diverse maps. The season usually lasts for up to 7 months, meaning that you have multiple markets at your disposal for betting on the Overwatch League.
If you’re looking to bet on Overwatch, the OWL is the best competition to consider. Yes, the Overwatch Contenders and Overwatch World Cup are also solid options, but the OWL usually has the biggest selection of betting options, and the popularity of the contest also presents opportunities for exceptionally high odds.
The Basics of Overwatch Betting Odds
Like traditional sports betting, the most familiar way eSports bookmakers express Overwatch betting odds is via decimal and fractional odds. These odds usually establish the amount of cash a bet will pay out after you make the right predictions. The said odds are computed by bookmakers who consider various factors such as individual player ability and player's/team's performance at previous events, among other factors.
For example, a bet having Overwatch odds of 7/2 implies that if a team played 7 matches, they would win 2 of the three matches. These are fractional odds that, when converted to decimal odds, will be equivalent to 4.5 ((7÷2) + 1).
Here is an example of fractional and decimal odds and what they imply in terms of payouts.
- Odds of 7/2: for every bet worth $2, you’ll earn $7 for a win (favorable odds)
- Odds of 2/7: for every bet worth $7, you’ll earn $2 for a win (unfavorable odds)
So, using the 7/2 odds, for instance, you can easily compute your possible earnings on a given bet. Just multiply the odds by your stake to calculate your winnings. If you wager $2 on a team having 7/2 odds, you'll be paid out $7 plus your initial $2 stake. For decimal odds, this will be 4.5 x $2, which implies a payout of $9.
How to Bet on Overwatch
Overwatch competitive betting is not as complicated as you would assume. The betting procedure is very much similar to traditional sports betting, and so are the betting markets. Some of the most popular betting options you'll find on an Overwatch betting site include:
- Moneyline Bets: This is the most popular bet type - you choose the winner of a given match.
- Map Winner Bet: Here, you’re required to predict the winner of a given map for an Overwatch League match.
- Tournament Winner: As the name suggests, the Tournament winner bet allows you to select the overall winner of a tournament.
- Correct Score: For this market, you get an opportunity to predict the exact score of a given match at the end of the competition.
- Over and Under Bets: This is a wager that lets you predict the total combined score of both teams as over or under the number set by the bookie.
- Parlay: A parlay also known as multi, accumulator or combo bet is one bet that lets you combine two or more individual wagers and relies on all the bets winning together.
- Overwatch Proposition Bets: Proposition bets, commonly called props, allow you to make bets that have nothing to do with the match's end outcome. Most of these bets happen live. As such you can bet on particular in-game aspects like the number of kills, the winner of every round, objective secured in a match or the player having the greatest score.
Boost Your Earnings with These Top Overwatch Betting Tips
Making your bankroll work for you is very important if you want to earn attractive returns with Overwatch betting lines. If you’re looking for useful Overwatch betting advice to help you make more money as you back your favorite teams and players, some of the things you should consider include:
- Specialize where you can because of the sheer volume of teams and players in the eSports scene.
- Make selective and objective bets. Bet on your personal favorite only if your research supports their odds. Otherwise, you don’t always have to wager for the team you like.
- Follow both major and minor events to spread your betting options.
- Understand the player/team form before placing any wager.
- Take advantage of sportsbook bonuses such as cashback and no deposit deals.
How to Bet on Overwatch at GGBet
Like any other form of sports betting, your experience will often rely on the platform where you choose to place your wagers. The GG.Bet sportsbook is one of the most reliable eSports betting Overwatch sites available today. The platform allows you to place both pre-match and live in-play bets as well as futures, depending on what you prefer.
Moreover, being a top Overwatch betting website, GGBet also offers a great selection of mouthwatering bonuses for both new and ongoing players. Here’s a quick step-by-step guide to how you can begin your GGBet online betting exploits:
- Go to the GGBet eSports section.
- Click on the ‘Registration’ button to initiate the sign-up process. Fill in your information as required.
- Load your first deposit and don’t forget that GG Bet offers generous sportsbook and casino welcome bonuses based on your first deposit.
- It’s that simple. You’re now ready to delve into the vast waters of online betting by selecting the tournament, picking the market and placing your wager!
For eSports betting, Overwatch is one of the most popular video game tournaments that you can indulge in. Now that you understand what this rapidly growing betting scene offers, from the basics of pre-match wagers to Overwatch live betting, what’s stopping you from placing your first wager? Sign up for an account at GGBet for a chance to enjoy a wide coverage of tournaments and lucrative odds for the events.