Starcraft II Betting
Starcraft 2 is a real-time strategy game developed by Blizzard and published in July 2010. It can be played on Microsoft Windows and macOS platforms; there is no console version. There are three species in the game, Protoss, Terran and Zerg, and each has different production buildings and units. The goal in Starcraft 2 matches is to build a base as quickly as possible, train soldiers and destroy the opponent's base. Each construction and production has a special cost, so using the right strategy is essential.
Starcraft 2 is played professionally all over the world, and its official tournament is StarCraft II World Championship Series (WCS) sponsored by Blizzard. There is also an organization called the Global StarCraft II League (GSL). More than 2 million players log into their SC2 accounts every month, according to official data from Blizzard. Approximately 175,000 fans attend tournaments each year, and more than 230 million people worldwide watch these events. As can be guessed, Starcraft II betting is very popular for this reason.
How Starcraft 2 Betting Odds Work
Before we explain how betting on Starcraft 2 works, let’s talk about Starcraft 2 betting odds. eSports betting is slightly different from classic sports, but the basic logic is the same. Two teams or two players compete in Starcraft 2 matches, and it is possible to bet on both the outcome and other things that can happen during the match. Odds are determined for each of these possibilities, and the lower the probability of a particular outcome, the higher its odds. These odds can be expressed in fractional or decimal form. For example:
Fractional odds: Team A, 9/1
This means that for every 1 EUR / USD you deposit, 9 EUR / USD will be paid. For example, if you deposit 10 EUR on Team A and win, your payout would be 90 EUR.
Decimal odds: Team A, 9.00
If Team A wins, you will receive 9 EUR / USD for every 1 EUR / USD you deposit. So, it's exactly the same as fractional odds, just expressed differently.
Different odds are determined for any outcome that may occur in a match, and bettors are free to choose any of them.
What You Need to Know About eSports Starcraft 2 Betting
As we mentioned above, it is possible to place a bet on any outcome that may occur during a match. Below we list some of the most popular types of Starcraft 2 bets for you to get an idea.
- Map: Multiple maps are used in SC2 tournaments. It is possible to compare the maps with the fields of football matches. In this type of bet, bettors try to predict who will win on a particular map. So, it doesn't matter who wins the match or the tournament, it is enough to predict the winner of a particular map.
- Over/Under: As a result of a match, the league points of teams or players change. You can place a bet that this change will be above or below a certain value. It doesn't matter who wins the match - bettors need to predict what the total point changes will be.
- Moneyline: Starcraft 2 betting lines are the most common bet type for this game. It’s betting on who will win a particular match. It is also known as Starcraft 2 1v1 ops betting.
- First Blood: It is a bet on which player will make the first kill in the match.
In order not to be harmed by rig Starcraft betting matches, we recommend that you choose bookmakers that offer legal and professional service and bet only on globally recognized matches and tournaments. There are many SC2 tournaments online, and the different event is organized almost every month, especially in Korea. But for a hassle-free experience, only the most reputable events should be selected.
How to Bet on Starcraft 2 and Win
We can provide a few tips to make your eSports betting Starcraft 2 experience more enjoyable and profitable. For betting on Starcraft, we recommend that you do the following:
- Learn all the terminology used in the game. SC2 players have their own slang, and for those who are not used to it, it can be difficult to understand what they are talking about. Therefore, learn all kinds of terms and idioms used in the game.
- Play the game yourself and learn the unique features of each map so that you can analyze the performances of players and teams to make accurate predictions. You don't have to play at a professional level, but you need some experience to analyze properly while watching a match.
- Follow the teams throughout the year. If player changes occur on teams, be aware of them immediately. Keep track of their performance throughout the year and especially focus on fresh teams. Everyone knows about the pro and favorite teams, but promising fresh teams can make you win much more.
Starcraft 2 Betting at GGBet
After reading our Starcraft 2 betting tips, we believe that you are ready to play. By choosing the GGBet website for SC2 betting, you can get the most competitive odds and play your bets practically from any device, thanks to our easy-to-use interface. Select the SC2 match or tournament from the menu on the left, see the betting options and odds in the middle of the screen, complete your bet using the bet slip on the right. That's all. Then, you just need to wait for the match result.
Try Starcraft Betting Today!
For SC2 matches, you can use either live betting or classic betting options. Whichever you choose, you can be sure that you will have fun and profits together. Remember that by choosing GGBet, you can benefit from both competitive odds and various bonuses. We have everything you need to bring you the best Starcraft 2 gambling experience, and we are happy to see you among us. Good luck!